Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Edit- the below story appears to be false based on reports further below, Admin2]

Arkansas - the Ban is Official
Wingshooting to be Banned Starting With the 2005-2006 Waterfowl Season

FOR IMEDATE RELEASE: January 7, 2005

LITTLE ROCK - Wingshooting will make its last appearance in Arkansas during the 2004-2005 waterfowl season. Commissioners today officially outlawed the practice of wingshooting for the 2005-2006 season.

The ruling applies to all state and private lands. Wingshooting will only be allowed on private game preserves that offer released pen raised ducks.

Commissioners felt that what with the growing number of complaints coming from resident duck hunters over the influx of nonresident hunters and the resulting overcrowding of hunting areas, something had to be done to lessen the hunting pressure that has been degrading the quality of duck hunting in the state.

"We believe this step is fair to resident hunters since our surveys have shown that 86.7% of Arkansas hunters prefer to shoot their ducks on the water," commissioner Sheffield Nelson said. "Whether you call it 'water swatting', or 'Arkansawin' them,' resident duck hunters overwhelmingly voiced their opinion that the art of landing ducks in the decoys needs to be brought back," Nelson added.

Commissioners believe that the ban will discourage some out of state hunters from visiting our state next season, but that will be offset by more participation from many resident hunters who had cut back on their duck hunting excursions because of too much wingshooting. "It's the nonresidents who are doing all the wingshooting," said Phil McCracken, a veteran duck hunter from Wabbaseka, Arkansas. "How are you going to bust some ducks on the water when you're surrounded by city dudes trying to shoot them over the tree tops,?" McCracken asked. "I grew up hunting Bayou Meta," McCracken added, "it used to be a place where when you hear a shot, you knew someone got a duck or maybe two or three. Now we call the place Thunderdome because of the constant sky blasting."

Anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
81 Posts
the art of landing ducks in the decoys needs to be brought back
This is the truth............there isn't nothing like landing them in the dekes, then jumping them up to shoot em!

It's a lost art.

But one that we practice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hecks fire thats a rummor I just called them your full of it . Hey if you wanta throw stones at arkansas you better throw better than that !Call the toll free numbers if you ever have a question but to post something like that is kids stuff.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
You got to be careful anymore what you hear and see people will start junk about anything anymore just to cause a comotion.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Buck said:
It was posted over there as a joke,and sarcasm,I cant believe so many believed it. :laughing:
And why I added the edit on the first post. BTW, I think that is how the DU dumping corn to short stop the ducks started too. Now many guys still believe it and are ticked off at DU.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The ruling applies to all state and private lands. Wingshooting will only be allowed on private game preserves that offer released pen raised ducks. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I will let them go over their shoot them when they fly up but dont shoot any wild ones....... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :toofunny:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.