Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for a firefighting position on the National Wildlife Refuge at home. Sounds like I have got a good chance of getting the job, but if you guys would give me some prayers I would appreciate it. It would be a great fit for me since I graduate in December and then would start in January. Also is less than 5 miles from home. God I want this job.

Thanks for listening guys.

Matt

· Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just called an talked to an engine boss there (also a duck hunting buddy) and he is putting in a good word for me. I am supposed to go talk to the boss on Monday.

If I get this job then I can duck and goose hunt on my home turf (plus my work can double as scouting). Spring snow goose will be hard cause I will be traveling alot and working 40+ hrs a week.

· Registered
2,027 Posts
Matt-

It is great when you can do scouting while getting paid. I do it every day. I am a systems admin on a huge farm, so I do computer stuff and drive around a huge farm by the river. Its a dream job, I about crapped my pants when I got it.

· Premium Member
877 Posts
You've got my prayers behind you and luck on your shoulder! Don't forget to let us know if you get the job.

P.S. if you guys want to and think bout it you might give me some luck for tommorow... i run at the 3A state cross country championships here in KS at 9:30 a.m. Ill tell ya how i do.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.