Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 379 Posts

·
Administrator
43,541 Posts
gonehuntin' said:
That picture of the pheasant before it takes to the air is absolutely outstanding! How the heck did you get close enough to lay that feather on it's back?? :lol:
Thanks GH...lol...I think Knothead was a little worked up trying to taste that Rooster. About a 1/2 hour before he put up a hen and as I watched it fly away, didn't notice he was working a second bird - 30 feet away. Needless to say - that one was a Rooster and when it flushed I stood there with my putz and gun in my hands and watched them both fly off. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
43,541 Posts
gonehuntin' said:
Darn close guess.
twenty five inches. Biggest I've got I think. We worked a swale and nothing was in it. About 50 yards further was an old irrigation ditch. We came up the ditch and the dog pointed two hens. She went about 20' further and pointed again. It was that rooster. Surprised the heck out of me that he didn't flush with the two hens.
25 inches - that's fantastic! I am stuck on 24" and man...those inches sure get hard to come by after that. :rolleyes:

Glad YOU were paying attention in a similar situation with the hens. :yes: :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
43,541 Posts
MacMan said:
Labs said:
MacMan said:
I agree - great shots, I love the hunting barge you got - not sure I'll go all the way with heaters - but, I'm working on something similar - what do you do for a dog ladder? The biggest pain I have. I have a design that I'm working on - I just can't afford to have it built right now. It will mount sideways - not stick straight out the pup will swim along side the boat to gain entry.
Don't have a ladder for it....yet. Right now, the deck is low enough to the water that she can swing her front legs up...then I put the hand on the back of her neck and she pulls herself in....a ladder is going to be a lot nicer!
Hell, you are cooking like that in the blind - I think it'd be real easy for your buddy to be the designated dog scooper. . . I may have to rethink my setup to include a burner. lol - :wink:
Nothing better than eggs cooked in bacon grease but might require a porta john on some nearby shore. :oops:

·
Administrator
43,541 Posts
solway gunner said:
another good flight with two good friends,alan with his army and navy 3.5"chambered 8ga 34"barrels circa 1910 ,bob with his T.bland made 4ga "magnum"41/4"chambers 40" damascus barrels 25lb unloaded circa1898
Good Lord Kevin...you're a hearty breed over there aren't ya? :thumbsup:

Is Scotland where skybusting originated? :yes:

JUST KIDDIN! :devil:

·
Administrator
43,541 Posts
solway gunner said:
ill decline your offer- unless you do a triple somersault followed by a half jack from the top of the empire state building...in a 69er with big suzie :lol3: :wink:
I think you mighta had a bet there Kevin till you trumped on a 69'er with suzie.

·
Administrator
43,541 Posts
MacMan said:
HEY LAB BOYS - TOP THIS ONE!!!! :yes:
Us labs guys don't feel the need to trump or rain on parades but a Drake Woodie tops a Drake Mallard at 4 months.

Then throw in the Upland capabilities and well..ya know.

Calibogue - nice looking pup there! :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
43,541 Posts
MacMan said:
Go freakin' figure - HNTFSH comes up with a trump (great debate on woody or greenhead) - and then LEAVE it to beaver - whoops, I mean Rick, to present evidence else wise! Brown dawgs 2 - Choc labs 1
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But our buddy from SC has some sweet pics of a very young dog. . .

Impressive!!!
MM - just remember the old bull and the young bull story. :yes:

You may have won the battle but not the war!

Great photos. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
43,541 Posts
Calibogue said:
Us labs guys don't feel the need to trump or rain on parades but a Drake Woodie tops a Drake Mallard at 4 months.

That depends on what part the country you call home!
I think we need a poll. Let's poll an ubiased 3rd party like...ummm...I don't know...maybe Flyfisherman? :yes:

·
Administrator
43,541 Posts
Calibogue said:
Oh by the way, any recommendations on preparing for JH tests?
I'd wanna be through FF and have trained with wingers, bird boys, and in a test enviornment aka join a club if you don't already belong. Final check after FF - make sure dog will pick up a nasty duck. :yes:

1 - 20 of 379 Posts