Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else watch this tonight on the Outdoor Channel? A black lab named Ready won it but there were some really sharp dogs in it. It looked pretty gruelling. The premise was a combination of Field Trial's and Hunt Tests. I know my dog couldn't ever compete in something like that. A lot of the sets were pretty unrealistic...300 yard blind retrieves? wow!

·
Registered
572 Posts
been waiting to see it since i knew it was gonna be on a week after it was over. That test looked ubelievable hard I don't know if I will ever have a dog that could do half of that.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heeler said:
I saw it last night,some great dog's on there.Can you imagine what those dog's are going to be worth now!
especially ready and nike. both were in contention until the end and they were some fine looking dogs. titles say a lot about dogs obviously. but looks and brains, break out the check books people!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Unrealistic? You have never had a cripple fall 300 yards away from the blind? Imagine being able to sit in your blind drinking coffe and casting your dog to it.

shrpshtr said:
Did anyone else watch this tonight on the Outdoor Channel? A black lab named Ready won it but there were some really sharp dogs in it. It looked pretty gruelling. The premise was a combination of Field Trial's and Hunt Tests. I know my dog couldn't ever compete in something like that. A lot of the sets were pretty unrealistic...300 yard blind retrieves? wow!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i don't know what you're talking about? cripple, what's that? i don't miss... :getdown: when i pull the trigger they're dead before they finish falling out of the sky. you mean it doesn't work like that for everybody else??!??! is that why everyone always carries a box or two or more of shells when they go hunting? personally, i only carry seven cause you never know, i might drop one somewhere...:toofunny:

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Some of the things are unrealistic that are done in FT and HT, but it just ups the competition. They try to make it as close to hunting as possible, but if they are going to error I would rather see them error on the harder side. This just insures that the dogs are worth the title they are receiving.

I watched some last night and it was amazing. I would love to train and own a dog like that someday.

·
Registered
247 Posts
:laughing: I THOUGHT I WAS HALUCINATING.........(server flash back from child hood) :eek:
i saw it and was thrown., cant get enough ducks.
i hope they run it more often. as for the dogs, wow........most of them had an excellent amount of energy especially dusty..............odd looking mut imho..........but excellent drive. :mrgreen: if it matters. i want my tanner to be that anxious...........totally dropped my jaw when the lady won. i thought for sure dusty had done a wonderful retrieve...and they said they had to wait for a later result..........he must have wissed on someones leg

·
Registered
233 Posts
thats my biggest problem with hunt test as well(not making them hard enough or very unrealastic. I think that they are great for keeping you and your dog on track as far as what should be expected of them and when, but for example with NAVHDA how often do you wank up to a random pond and expect your dog to search for twenty minutes. Amazing dogs though---A lot of hard work and dedication goes into teaching your dog to take 300yd cast to the left from 150yards. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As far as for the girl winning--IMO they tend to be better trainers--Less testerone I guess :mrgreen: --if it wasnt for my fiance my dog wouldnt be half of what he is now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.