Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been hunting once, while on vacation in Panama, and was wondering what the "proper etiquitte" is/should be for dealing with birds that are not dead upon retrieval.

Also are there companies that handle the transport of firearms to other countries? I'd prefer to use my own next time.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you get the duck back to you and its still alive just snap its neck to finish it off quick. It might still kick a little but its dead. If you have a cripple out on the water i likt to use some #7 if it close enough because with the larger number of pellets you are throwing out you have a better chance fo getting a head shot to finish it off. Just remember the wind will blow the shot around alot more. As for transportation of firearms..... got me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
For the wounded ducks, execution style. Shove that barrel down the duck's throat and pull the trigger until the gun goes click. That is if you're looking for a mounter. Instant and humane.

As for transporting firearms, I recommend a video "Lord of War" which are gun smugglers. If they can get 15,000 AK-47s to Irka-Birkastan (also known as California) then they can get a single shotgun from wherever you want to you destination.

Since this was started in 2003, I assume this has all "gone down" by now. How'd it work out or is it still in the works? Can't fault you for proper planning years in advance if it's all done.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Check the post date Jonesy

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Damn this post was dragged up from the grave

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just seeing how things worked out for the guy...geesh. I can do a little worse, but that was about as far back as I can go.

·
Administrator
77,159 Posts
I'll tell ya this though-I looked up the i.p. for "guest" on the DHC server and it was very interesting! almost a full page of I.P.'s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts