Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas,
I've decided to give my Grandson a shotgun for Xmas this year.
I'm considering a Stoeger 2000 or Charles Daly field hunter VR-MC. I would like some insight from owners of these firearms please. I've read several reviews both negatives and positives for each choice. He always tells me "Grandpa, when I can afford it, I'm going to get a Daly or a Stoeger." The boy is only 16 so he doesn't have much spending power. Personally I want to get him an 11-87, but he's told me time & time again that he doesn't like it. Yes, I understand the sight has already covered these 2 firearms. I need thorough details, rather than it's a great gun and many guys are using them. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Break in your daily before you buy it. I had a friend who shot about 500 rounds trough it before the duck opener. No problems...until he gets up to Washington for the duck opener and a spring in the shell realese breaks. Really a three dollar part....but in the middle of opening day...priceless. He had to hand feed each shell for the rest of the shoot.

Why not an 870. Great gun...it will at last your grandson through his teenage years and his childrens as well. If he ever drops it in the mud wash it off with a water house, oil it up...back to work like new. An auto for a young hunter can spell problems if he is not careful.

Best of luck
CLO

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anything but the Charles Daily. My friend bought one and had so many problems with it. I have had a mossberg 500 for years now. I dropped it in the water and mud and it still kept fireing. I also have a Remington 11-87 also no trouble what so ever

·
Registered
122 Posts
CHECK OUT THE BENELLI NOVA, IT'S A VERY RELIABLE FIREARM.IT COMES WITH REMOVEABLE CHOKES IN BOTH BLACK AND CAMO FOR A LITTLE EXTRA. THEY'RE A LOT LESS EXPENSIVE THAN YOU'D THINK. YOU CAN SHOOT 2 3/4" SHELLS TO START HIM OUT AND GRADUATE TO THE 3 1/2" IF HE NEEDS LATER ON DOWN THE ROAD. THATS MY 2 CENTS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.