Duck Hunting Forum banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Administrator
42,122 Posts
Beware - Ford is going back down today. :mad:

I am interested though on the house vote today what impact, if any, it has on the price in after hours. I bought a bunch of inexpensive BioScience shares as a shorter term play (3 year speculation). There are some very cool things going on out there.

·
Registered
13,921 Posts
The Ridgeline for us is an 4-5 passenger SUV with a truck bed and locking trunk. We regularly need the backseat for both humanoids and pooches. It works for us.

Got to love the technology because the V6 puts out more power at good economy than seemed possible just a few years ago.

That and the seat and steering wheel warmers are delightful on cold days.

·
Registered
13,921 Posts
I should not admit it, but I'm a big fan of the bun warmers 😲
One of my hunting partners refers to them as Turd Burners. I think that has a nice ring to it.

My wife's car even has a fan option which is really nice to cool the jewels on a hot day.
As a guy who gets pretty schvetty, I would looooove to have a fan to cool the batch of Ball Soup.

·
Registered
13,921 Posts
Too bad SNL cannot resist their derangement syndrome as 95% of their show is targeting hate and ridicule toward Americans they view as their enemies. There was a time it was really funny, and every now and then (thought Pete Schvetty was a long time ago), they will actually do humor.

·
Registered
25,282 Posts
Too bad SNL cannot resist their derangement syndrome as 95% of their show is targeting hate and ridicule toward Americans they view as their enemies. There was a time it was really funny, and every now and then (thought Pete Schvetty was a long time ago), they will actually do humor.
Leftist comedians are just not funny. I love comedy, going to see comedians, ... But leftist politics has poisoned so many of them.

George Carlin was very liberal. But he was funny. Even his political jokes based on false premises were not mean angry hateful attacks.

Liberal comics today, as soon as they veer into anything with a political tinge (which is everything for them it seems), they get angry and hateful. It's not only not funny, it is unbearable. I could wait out some stupid George Carlin "joke" that wasn't funny because it was based on nonsense. I can't get through the BS for people like Samantha Bee, even though some of her non-political stuff is great.

SNL, Letterman, Franken, so many just got bitter, angry, and it is not enjoyable to put up with for the funny moments.

·
Registered
13,921 Posts
Leftist comedians are just not funny. ....

I can't get through the BS for people like Samantha Bee, even though some of her non-political stuff is great.

SNL, Letterman, Franken, so many just got bitter, angry, and it is not enjoyable to put up with for the funny moments.
Even the Samantha Bee promos are pure hate. I literally change the channel during the promos, and cannot imagine tuning in to hear more negativity and intolerance.

So many did just get bitter. Maybe it was always their true nature and they kept it tamped down, but something released it. All you have to do is watch Alec Baldwin in real life to see his true nature is a mean, angry, hate-filled person, and then you quickly see he is faking any level of "happiness."

To the contrary, Seinfeld, Hart, the Blue Collar guys are mostly self deprecating which I think is key. Liberals think too highly of themselves to be able to be self deprecating.

·
Registered
25,282 Posts
Even the Samantha Bee promos are pure hate. I literally change the channel during the promos
🤣

I hit the mute button. I can't even make it through a 30 second promo.

She was part of a real bizarre and often offensive comedy show. Honestly, I didn't know it was her or I would not have watched it. I look really odd, offensive, even to my sensibilities, comedy. I'll tolerate a lot of cringeworthy stuff for a good bit that you never could have dreamed up.

What I can't stand is hate pretending to be comedy. Name calling as if that is a joke.

I'll accept really stupid premises that lead to jokes (basically every science fiction show), but I can't stand when the premise is supposed to be real in order for the joke to make any sense. "hey it's a joke" when it requires something to be opposite from reality. That gets under my skin. Fictional people being idiots or awful and jokes at their expense. If you assume Trump is a racist, this joke is funny. If the joke relies on ignorance, I don't get it. It's just a version of hatred in most cases masquerading as comedy. No different than many of the racist jokes of the past. Not funny regardless of whose being denigrated or lied about.

·
Registered
13,921 Posts
And that is why most good humor is based in the truth or fact. The twist on it makes it funny, but as you said, when the premise is bogus and normally hateful, whatever follows is not funny.

Like when the Sexual Predator tried to tell the joke about Rush Limbaugh sticking up for someone. I cannot remember the set up, but the punchline was- "That's only because she was attacked by a black guy."

The premise for the ignorant who thought it was funny and hated Limbaugh was that Limbaugh was a racist because he was conservative and did not treat minorities with kid gloves. Those who actually listened to him knew he treated everyone equally. Heck, his call screener for thirty years, and two of his best guest hosts were black. Not quite the actions of a racist.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts