Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't my recipe, but since it was posted in another forum, i don't feel bad about re-posting it here. i've made these a few times and simply can't get enough of them.

1 Cup Catalina style salad dressing
3 Tablespoons Honey
4 Tablespoons Tabasco sauce (or similar)
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 or 3 tablespoons minced garlic (garlic powder works if that's what ya have)
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1 Tablespoon crushed red pepper

put your wings on a cookie sheet or large baking dish..dash some cajun style seasoning on them if you have it. pop them in the oven at 325 for about 5 minutes to "pre bake" them.

remove from oven and brush sauce on wings. return to the oven and cook for 5 minutes. turn wings over and brush more sauce on.

repeat the turning and basting every 5 minutes until wings are done. (should take about 25-30 minutes) try to baste them with some drippings as the cooking continues. the more basiting the better..you want to create a nice thick coat of cooked on sauce.

before removing..broil for a minute or 2..you'll see the wings start to bubble under the broiler. then remove. this "cures" the sauce on the wings.

fill up a bowl with blue cheese for dipping and crack open a cold refreshment. don't forget a roll of paper towels and another bowl for the bones.

enjoy!!

ps - these wings are NOT hot. you can add more tabasco or other pepper to the recipe if you like them hotter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.