Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the general consensus on it? I have a little(haven't reloaded any of it) and was wondering if I need to order some more or just stick with plain steel shot? Where is the cheapest place to get it?

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
I believe Precision Reloading and Ballistic Products sell nickle plated steel shot. I shoot RSI shot as I buy it at Gene Sears in El Reno Tx as I go thru there about 4-5 times a year. I get it for about $1 a 10lb cheaper using my friends FFL account their. I don't know what the going price is but suspect it's about $16, $17 retail. At this price I save shipping by buying it this way. I use to buy thru my Son's gun club much cheaper but he is not a member anymore. A lot of times PR will ship 4 bags for $10. Good Luck, Ned S

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
The only real benefit of it is that it doesn't rust like non-coated, so it doesn't really matter unless you're buying in serious bulk or you plan on leaving shells to sit for a long time. I say buy whatever's cheaper. Precision reloading's shipping isn't bad, like Ned said, but ask your local stores that sell powder/primers/shells/etc if they can order some for you.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
the steel from PR is zinc coated. (galvanized) thats what i use most of because of the corrosion resistance.

ned, is there really nickel plated steel? i hadnt seen that... electroplating nickel is a much more corrosion resistent way to coat steel than galvanizing zinc.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
the guy at bucks said they quit selling indicast. is there anywhere else to get it? and indicast is raw and uncoated. unless there is someone out there galvanizing it...

good to see you around sage

1 - 8 of 8 Posts