Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna get a SR1 and was wondering if anyone has tried the polycarb sr1 yet. Should I just save up for the acrylic. I wish he made it in a Derlin! Any help would be nice. thanksI

·
Registered
598 Posts
To my knowledge Zink doesn't make a polycarb SR-1. The only poly calls he makes are the PC-1 and PM-1. I have an acrylic SR-1 and it is an awesome call and sounds just like a real goose. All Zink calls are great in my opinion and you can't go wrong with any of em. Just try em out and see what ya like! :salude:

·
Registered
598 Posts
I've talked to some of the Zink Pro staff on the avery forum's and they said that they probly won't ever make a poly SR-1 or LM-1 because they still want to keep some of their calls custom. I've also heard that they have a few new calls in the works for maybe next year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got a Maple SR-1 and it is amazing! I'm sure you can get 15 other replies saying this one or that one is better but I am impressed. It sounds so good and the tape was very helpful. It literally has made my calling 100% better in one day. I have used the Big River Flute(very easy to use) and for short reeds the Buck Gardner Canada Hammer, Knight&Hale double clucker and Tim Grounds Half Breed. I like the Half Breed as it brought in alot of birds this week and I thought it was simple to blow compaired to others. I have not blown a Foiles call but I hear they are good too. I guess you'll just have to buy one and try it. My only regret is that I didn't just go out and buy a high end call right at the start. I am going out tomorrow here in OK and can't wait to try the SR-1 in the field.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.